Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year New Week New Day New Ways

Almost every thing I have read this week is about a new this and a new that. I also read a new book that made me want to be a new me! It is called Same Kind Of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It is a true story and a must read! It is quick reading and I almost guarantee you will want to have a new attitude towards others too when you read it.
The other thing worth sharing to blog readers is a page I read today taken from Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard. It is titled "New Ways":
Learning to let God and God alone be our God is a continual process of stripping away layers and forms. It is easy to become presumptuous and, without knowing it, start expecting God to work and to respond to us in familiar ways of the past. Some of the early Jewish believers had to learn that lesson. They were used to being the chosen people that they could not believe God would reveal Himself to the Gentiles. Peter responded to these people:
"If God therefore gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way? And when they heard this, they quieted down, and glorified God saying, 'Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life'" (Acts 11:17-18 NAS)
Show me, Lord Jesus, when I start putting You in a box of trying to control my life and others' lives with my expectations. Let me always be open and eagerly embracing the new ways Your Spirit is moving in my life. Thank you for Your faithfulness to me.

No comments: