Thursday, December 17, 2009

Taking a break, leaning to the left and getting a balance

It has been a while since I last blogged, right? I ran into 3 people today who asked if I am ok, why haven't I blogged, and said that they missed me.
I have been taking a break from the blogging for many reasons. And I hate to admit it but I got a lot more done when I would normally be blogging and I spent a lot more time reading and resting, 2 things that are kind of hard for me to settle down and do. On the other hand, I felt distant knowing there were friends out there that enjoy hearing from me through my blog. And that I would never catch up if I started back to the blog world.
So I am working on getting it all balanced out in my life. Balance is so very hard when you lean to the left brain more than to the right brain :)
Here are some photos in no certain order to let you know Lolli was still having fun with her loves while leaning to the left.
We loved taking the Downes kids to the Opelika Railroad Christmas festival
the balloon man had a good time with our grandkids at the festival as our grandkids had a good time with him too.

the pony rides are always exciting for any age kid, Chad asked if this one bucked before he got on!!! (look back on my summer post of the boys weekend with us)

did I mention that it rained all day of this weekend that we had the 4 Downes, ages 5 - 20! Making Christmas cookies was a nice activity for that kind of day :) it took 3 hours to clean up all the sprinkles and sugar but that was ok :)
well it is Lolli and Pops house isn't it? It just wouldn't be right if we didn't have a lollipop on our visit.
This family loves us some dressup and skits! These clowns were at it again. My very very old bathing suit has gotten its share of laughs too :)

Cold weather brought out the hot chocolate in the house!

Annie and Lily Kate enjoyed seeing Aubie at an Auburn basketball game recently
Aubie likes the kids to tickle his feet :)
Baby Knox is growing so fast


Two little girls are so excited that Christmas time is here!
Yall come back cause there is likely to be more about Christmas here soon!

Thanks for hanging in here while I get my balancing act together!


post signature

No comments: