Monday, November 3, 2008

Hope

I am BACK into the swing of things now. A little rest and a week of ice as your best friend along with exercising properly did the trick for me.
One day last week my dear friend, Kay, from Memphis made a special trip to Montgomery. She not only was celebrating her birthday but her final chemo treatment(of 12) for colon cancer over the last 4 months that has been taxing and gruesome. Having any kind of cancer has got to be challenging as I have listened to Kay and another dear friend of mine, Meg, who battles right now for her life. These are dear friends who have impacted my life so much and can not be measured, honored enough or described on my little blog.
I know these two friends of mine would tell everyone to please go get checked regularly for those colonoscopys and mammograms and annual check ups but more importantly what they would say to you right now is to get a daily check up with your Lord and Savior! Your relationship with Him is vital to life as we know it on earth. Tomorrow our nation will change but our God reigns no matter what change comes. I find myself clinging to scriptures that remind me of battles fought and Hope prevailing. Hope you do too.

My dear friends Kay and Nancy with me after our lunch in Montgomery

post signature

No comments: