Monday, June 7, 2010

Breaking News from NPR

I was wondering what I could blog about that might be exciting this 1st Monday morning in June and as I looked over my new emails, I was ever so surprised to open this one from one of my faithful POTLUCK friends. She wrote this:

BREAKING NEWS from NPR------It has been discovered that a couple in Auburn, AL has been spiking the food of their grown children with aphrodisiacs and fertility oils. The notorious couple known as Lolli and Pops Downes became obsessed with grandchildren when they realized how adorable and precious theirs were and decided to take matters into their own hands to increase their tribe. They devised a scheme to throw an elaborate luau once a year to lure their children to their home. The beautifully presented and delicious food, however, would be infused with massive amounts of the fertility aids. The unsuspecting adult childen would then ingest the food, and then... well---Anyway it is reported that they now have 12 grandchildren. When taken into custody, Mr. Pops cooperated with officers; however, it was reported that Mrs. Lolli threw an entire bunch of carrots at the squad car, and then asked for a dry pair of underwear. Further details will be reported as they come in.
Here is a very common pose of the creator of that email peeling shrimp last summer at Sea N Suds (might be our last time to peel shrimp there for a while=sad). Kay is always intently listening while in conversation. I love that about her. She is a true listener...and a true friend even when she makes fun of me! Thanks, Kay, for adding a little humor to my day and giving me something fun to blog too :)

Well, speaking of grandchildren and elaborate luaus, I, myself, am intently busy with some plans for both. Starting tomorrow, I have a steady stream of grandchildren visits happening this summer. Some call it "Lolli Camp" and others call it "Girl's Week" or "Boy's Week" with Lolli and Pops. I try to plan some sort of unusual fun for the cousins while they are here together. And the truth is I love this time of year when these opportunities to know the children better happen and we can enjoy the summer season in fun ways together. I will be a blogging about these upcoming times imbetween all their visits.
And as for elaborate Luaus, last week I helped put on one for all the senior citizens of my church. It is always a highlight for these(mostly)80 & 90 year olds.
I usually wear one of my mother's old Moo Moos and decorate all the tables with my stuff. It's great fun playing with all the colors and nothing fancy, just bright and fun stuff. We had about 85 attend and a couple who has lived in Hawaii two different times gave a program for us. Took me back to some of my working days when we had our annual luaus.

My annual family luau is later this summer and I thoroughly enjoy making my plans and lists in preparation.
Ready - set - here I go- for an action packed summer with grandchildren and my family luau party.... what Lolli loves best!

post signature

No comments: