Monday, June 28, 2010

The MM's

Friday after catching my breath from having the boys 4 days, I packed my bag and headed to Birmingham for a sweet reunion with my "MM" friends. That is my Montgomery Mamas friends. Suzanne and Marcia and I all lived in the same neighborhood when our children were babies and there was an immediate bond between the three of us that has kept us fast friends all these years.Suzanne hosted us in her beautiful home and made the most delicious meals for us starting with a mushroom and spinach quiche for lunch with fresh fruit and rasberry dressing.




Marcia lives close by and we had such a nice time visiting on Suzanne's porch.

Suzanne outdid herself with hosting us---feeding us---loving us---gifting us!
her porch was delighful that afternoon and there was the nicest breeze inspite of the heat we have been experiencing.

Much to Jack's regret, these two friends introduced me to their HOME GOODS store. Good thing there is not one in my town :)

Suzanne took us to the Pepper Place open Market in downtown BHam the next morning. We enjoyed seeing all the fresh fruits, vegetables, crafts...

and running into my Daddy's 1st cousin, Alice Sherrod, whom we have not seen in years! She was sponsoring her handmade jewelry booth and will be selling it in the General Store down there on 3rd Ave. South. I know a few people in my family that would love her designs and creative flare to jewelry.
..I also enjoyed seeing all the friendly dogs walking around the market...
there were all sizes and many breeds :)
These 2 dear friends will always be special to me.. I look forward to many more MM meetings together!

Thanks Suzanne for getting us together this year! Can't wait til our next gathering!

post signature

No comments: