Monday, June 28, 2010

Icing on the cake

The saying "the icing on the cake" seems to fit this post for me coming off of such a big high with the week of 4 grandsons followed with a special reunion night with my MM precious friends and concluding with a visit and night with my 2 granddaughters. After I left Suzanne's in BHam, I drove over to my daughter and son in law's home for a brief visit with them. Lily Kate was napping when I arrived and after I visited with the kids a bit, Annie and I went to their neighborhood pool for a swim.

Right as we got out of the car, up came the singing ice cream truck. Tell me a grandparent who can't resist buying their grandchild an ice cream. I don't know one. Annie said "oh yeah" when I asked her did she want any. I handed her the money to give to the man in the truck and this older girl kind of took over,little did she know that this 4 year old can handle it but kindly, Annie let her do the buying and I was proud of her for letting the girl help her.

There was no hesitation in her wanting the "Tweety Bird" ice cream :)

She was one happy little granddaughter!

and I was one happy Grandmother to enjoy this moment by the pool.

After we swam a few minutes, some dark clouds hovered about so we hopped in the car, drove back and helped Jessica plant her lantana. Well, I took pictures while Annie helped.

When Lily Kate finally woke up, we left J to clean up and SIL(I call him SIL for son in law and he calls me MIL) and I drove back to the pool with the girls.
Lily Kate was so excited and she still calls me Pops whenever Pops is not around. Then she calls me Mama when Jessica is not around. One day I expect her to call me Lolli but for now I am just glad she calls me anything.

We had a great time swimming and later I took the girls to Chick Fil A giving the kids a night out in honor of their 7th anniversary(today).

After a much needed bath time from being at Chick Fil A with 10 other kids on their playground, it took several pretend games and 4 books to convince both girls it was bedtime. I don't blame them for wanting to stay up and we did manage to make it til 9:15 which is kind of late for them. Annie finally resigned that her legs were tired :) and Lily Kate got into her bed and never got up once which was a switch from her routine lately. It was a good tired for all 3 of us :)

Sunday morning, we visited a little longer and then they went to normal church and I went to church via car and radio on HWY 280 :)
The girls said their tearful goodbyes and I honestly wanted to cry too.
But I have another special week coming up so stay tuned to see my next post. It might be a few days but the 3 in one day ought to hold you for now.

post signature

I Love the icing on the cake this weekend! Dont' you?

No comments: