Friday, May 22, 2009

Hasta Luego


I bought this little luggage trinket at a flea market a while back (for next to nothing) and have it on a book shelf in a guestroom. As a symbol of travel, I hope that my guests might find rest and comfort during their stay in this room. And it is also a simple reminder to me of a very meaningful trip in my life.

Two years ago I went to Ecuador with my church mission team and while I was there, on my birthday of all days, a team member told me she had a dream about me the previous night. Her dream was that I was carrying around a very heavy trunk by myself. And that I was struggling but would not let go or ask for help. She then told me if I was truly carrying around any excess baggage or heavy burdens that God wanted me to lay them down and get rid of "carrying that trunk" because He promises to do all that for me. Whew! I had in fact, been weighed down with a heavy burden but she did not know of it. What a message I had from the Lord that day (I saw it as a special birthday gift too)!

Often I'll walk by that bookshelf now with my trinket suitcase and think about the places I want to go and the places I have been. And I am reminded of His promises to take care of me and the burdens and baggage I do not have to carry around.

I head out for a new mission trip to Costa Rica this weekend and I am not carrying any heavy baggage with me this time. Hasta Luego!

post signature

No comments: