Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the missing link

Got an email from a cousin today that commented on there was a missing link on the Williams Family photos I took recently. That link was my little brother, Ray and his wife, Susan.
So today took care of that link on my blog. It was a big milestone in Ray's family life.

His oldest son has officially entered the college scene today and that scene is right here in my town! We got invited to come over and see Parker's 1st apartment (sorry for the blurred photo -- I'm still learning how to take pics with my camera phone- it was all I had on me at the time) and I think my nephew is set for a good freshman experience:) I am almost positive he is gonna love his college days at the lovliest village on the plains! I can make sure he has a few home cooked meals every now and then too.

My heart ached for his parents (my brother and sister in law) though. I vividly remember bringing my own two on their first day to college and I cried buckets after leaving them (with both). Every parent has to go through this and there is nothing to make it easy. All I can add to this post is to encourage parents of younger kids to savor the moments at home now as this day of dropping them off at college comes all too soon. And life changes no matter what you did or didn't do. The only thing that does not change is your love for them. It just keeps on growing stronger:)


post signature

No comments: