Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things in common

We went to see the movie "Julie and Julia" yesterday and I had so much in common with the girl! I know some of you are laughing out loud at the thought of me having something in common with Julia Childs but it is the other one, Julie, that I am referring to!
She started a blog and had some hesitation about it but decided to continue it because it helped her stay connected! She worried that it appeared for her to be self-centered since blogs tend to reflect "it is all about me". But when you are writing things down that happened or that are important to you, it just comes out sounding like that even though you don't want it to be "all about me".
Also, the girl is red headed, her real name is Amy Adams, and she has difficulty finishing a project but is determined to finish one.... things in common....right?
Funny thing is I have been on a "sugar queen "cooking binge lately. In the past 10 days, I have made a pound cake, 2 coconut caramel pies, a carrot cake, a chocolate fudge cake and I have another cake to make for a function this weekend. None of these have been for us to keep at our house! Thank goodness!
Now, some of you are beginning to think maybe you should go see this movie and you should. It is not just a chick flick either. My husband liked it very much!!By the way, at our theater, you can get popcorn for thi$ on Tuesdays and a drink for thi$ too!
Put it on your calendar for next Tuesday to go see Julia and Julie and let me know what you think!


post signature


p.s I don't usually wear my pearls in the kitchen while I am cooking, though :)
Bon Appetit!

No comments: