Sunday, February 21, 2010

FDR and the wringer

We traveled up the road awhile this weekend to enjoy the nice weather and to see The FDR Little White House area in Warm Springs, Georgia. It made for a nice outting and stirred some history into our memory of the famous President FDR.


there is a nice display of each state's flag and a notable piece of stone that represents every state's main rock.
I took note of Alabama's pretty white marble.


the pools where FDR exercised his body during his struggles with polio were of interest considering the medical issues back in those days. You can see the inclined bed frame and the chair used inside the pool for therapy of the polio victims.
This was the day I learned where "I've been through the wringer" came from. This here is a wringer used back then to wring out their towels and wet things before they went inside. I had never seen one. I may think twice now before I use that term again.


post signature

No comments: