Friday, March 5, 2010

I am the church, you are the church, we are the church together

Remember back at Christmas time when I posted a picture of this sweet lady:

Over the last 2 months, our friendship has bonded and there is nothing sweeter than a friendship that comes out of nowhere to remind you of God's love through the most unlikey circumstance in your life. I call them surprises and I love that part of life!
Mrs. Mary and I are sharing our loves in life as we get to know each other and I found out that she loves to sing old hymns. Since she is unable to get out to church, I have prayed for ways to bring the church to her.
Today my precious friend, Martha, and I joined Mrs Mary for an old fashioned hymn sing together. Martha played an old out of tune organ that someone gave Mrs Mary years ago and the 3 of us sang our hearts out. I can't carry a tune in a bucket but as the song goes, I am the church, you are the church, we are the church together. I love church on Friday mornings like today.


post signature

1 comment:

Marcia said...

You have such a beautiful Christ-like heart!
Love ya!