Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lolli loves little people

and this little guylives where I will soon be going and looks like he belongs in part of my heart (and certainly in my family of lollipop lovers). Actually he does own part of my heart. I am already in love with the children in Nicaragua.
Over the last 2 months, my time has been given largely towards the planning and organizing of a VBS for 400 children in Nicaragua. The trip will take place in April and the Bible School theme we will present is Proverbs 6:6
Why, you might say, did we pick this particular Bible verse? We were given the challenge of focusing on helping these 400 children to become future leaders in their community with godly character traits. We also were told that our team would be just one link in the chain of many many Bible Schools that have come to them these last few years. The fruits of the spirit, honesty, etc. and all the common VBS themes have already been presented to these kids.
With the help of my friend Madge,
and her endless search of free websites that were already translated in spanish, (her father used to quote this verse to her as a child too) and a few little ants hanging out in my kitchen, the birth of this verse came to life for our VBS plans!
Who knew a pair of pants and a hula hoop and little bitty ants could be a part of a Vacation Bible School?!
Stay tuned in and visit our team blog ( http://aumcmissiontrip2010.blogspot.com/) to follow this fun and crazy ant theme of ours.


post signature

No comments: