Monday, November 22, 2010

roast recipe

Had to share this new roast recipe that is now one of our favorites and so easy that ANYONE can do this, even my son who is cooking his own turkey this year in Gatlinburg to serve his wife on her 30th birthday. Never thought I would see that day but glad I am!

Here is the recipe:
1 chuck roast
1 package of hidden valley Ranch dressing
1 package of McCormick Au Jus gravy mix
1 stick of real butter
4-5 pepperoncini peppers (they are in a jar in your local grocery)
Put all those ingredients on top of your roast (insert 4-5 of the little peppers inside the crevices of your roast ) and then add the butter on the very top
and cook in your crock pot on low for 8 hours (mine cooks fast so my roast was done in 6 hours)
makes a pretty good gravy too and the smell will dazzle you :)



post signature

Happy Thanksgiving Week to all of you and my your roads traveled be safe!

No comments: