Friday, July 18, 2008

A "Barbara Breeze"


My little sister breezed through to spend the night so we could have a "sister's night" and we had such a nice time catching up and eating our favorite cheesy broccoli dip and fritos while sipping on pina coladas together. Barbs and I have always loved that dip and we claim that as one of our traditions together!

She has been a little busy lately with her daughter getting married last April, a son to be married in November and selling a house,and my times with her have been way too few for my taste. And speaking of taste, we also love to eat wings together (Jack's least favorite meal) so I prepared his favorite meatloaf TV dinner(ha ha) and off Barbs and I went to eat wings and talk like maniacs who love to cover everything under the sun! And we managed to breeze our way through most every subject! There is such a special connection between sisters to be able to relate to all the areas of your life and reminisce of childhood together (missed our older sister, Amy, though!)

Sounds like we ate our way through this visit but really we spent many hours just sitting on the porch enjoying our chats and watching the great outdoors along with all my little critters and feathered friends. There was even what I will now call a "Barbara Breeze" about us and we were so happy sitting there listening to wind chimes with her breeze blowing about us in July 90 degree weather.

Oh yeah, I did squeeze in a game of Quiddler with Barbs and I beat her but that was not my highlight of the visit contrary to popular belief! The highlight was listening to her share with Jack her new knowledge of lawn mowers and lawn maintenance and taking care of all the plants and trees in her yard. I could not share much in all this talk since the yard upkeep is his territory. I had to smile when she asked Jack how many inches do you mow your yard at?... Hellooooo, my baby sister is questioning the measurement of the lawnmower blade to the grass? When did she change into Mrs. Green Thumb? She now loves yard work ...and hard work at that. (I love yard work that you can point a finger towards a hole to put something in and arrange the colors and then I am done.) What a pleasant surprise to discover my sister now can cook like a chef, run an office to a T, and lower her mower to an inch! Barbs, I am so proud of you! You are a breeeze of fresh air...
Come back soon my little "Barbara Breeze"!


post signature

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hi Julie,
Sounds like you and Barbara had a wonderful time. I did not realize how much Barbara looks like your mother. Seems everyone loves your inviting porch.
love,
marcia