Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Table Talk with the grandsons

Harrison says the minute he walks through our doors "What's for supper, Lolli?"
I say "Lasagna!"
He says "I'm not eating that, I don't like it. Can I have macaroni n' cheese?"
I say "no, I don't have any and tonight we are having homemade lasagna and everyone is eating it"
He says "But I don't like it"
I say "Oh - I 'm sorry, You can just have the bread and salad"
... later at the table Chad eats at great speed 2 huge helpings of lasagna and Corey comments "Lolli, this is really good" while Harrison is staring at his plate.
3 seconds later after Corey's comment, Harrison eats everything on his plate, including a nice helping of lasagna!

Breakfast time : Harrison says "do you have grits? My mother always makes grits for me every morning."
I say "no, we are having pancakes and bacon"
He says nothing and eats everything on his plate.

On our Tiger Scavenger Hunt in the afternoon, Harrison asks, as we drive to Arby's where one of the statues is, "do they have hash browns at Arby's?" Pops starts laughing. Harrison says "I love hash browns" Then Corey starts laughing and says "can you believe a 5 year old is asking if Arby's has hash browns?!"

Lunch time : We drive towards Sonic to get burgers. Harrison says "I don't like Sonic. What is it?" Pops responds "how do you know if you do not like it if you don't know what it is?" Harrison says "I just already know I don't like it. I only like McDonald's". We pull up to Sonic and he sees the prize for the kiddy meal and he says "ok I want a hamburger and a cherry slushie". He eats everything.

Next night at supper, each boy talks about his sisters while we eat. We go around the table and each one wanted to tell something about their sisters!
Chad says "I love Alex" (she is 3)
Corey says "My sister is not always nice to me but she gave me an air hug over the phone before I left"
Harrison says "My sister Sydney(older)is mean to me but Alex (younger) is nice" Then he asks for a second helping of leftover lasagna again and eats every bite of it!

Kids will say the darndest things!... especially to the grandparents!


post signature

No comments: