Monday, July 21, 2008

Boys Only Weekend -Part 3

I just had way too much fun myself this weekend with the guys so bare with me looking at all my pics. I think they are rather priceless. The Tiger Statue Scavenger Hunt needed a post all its own!
I must add that Corey's reaction to the fire department visit just makes me feel happy all over again as I recall the weekend. That 9 year old sweetheart told me as we walked up to the station, "I always wanted to see an orange and blue fire truck and this is the coolest thing ever. I could just hug that truck!" Then watching the boys receive hats and stickers and pencils and asking the fireman for his autograph on their Tiger clues sheet really gave me a lump in my throat.
This experience with the boys is worth noting one last thing. I am convinced you do not have to buy kids all the rage electronic toys to keep them happy. In fact we did not buy them anything but a pair of swimming goggles the whole time and they were living it up with all the fun we had. I am sure we will continue giving gifts for special occasions but I'll almost bet when they are 20 years old they will tell you more about what we did together than what gifts they received.













post signature

2 comments:

MaryMartha said...

love the tiger scavenger hunt...i'm sure you'll get to use all your clues again with other grandkids!
War Eagle :)

Marcia said...

You are so creative!! Now how many times have I told you that? You are such a fun grandparent and obviously you have a lot of energy. Why don't you write a Grandparent Activity book for us less creative grandparents. Hey I have an idea - maybe next time you could go on a Elephant scavenger hunt!! :)