Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No pun on words, you say

I would much rather tell you fun things about the grandchildren in my blog but I shall share just a little about our week so far. Yesterday the dreaded stomach bug that is going around in Birmingham arrived in Auburn:(

J & J had it early last week and the little ones showed no signs of getting it so all was safe while we traveled to BHam to keep the girls last Saturday and Sunday. Monday we were expecting roofers first thing in the morning and we hurried home to be able to greet them early Monday. After they postponed us for the last 2 weeks due to hurricane weather and rain on their jobs, we were ready to get it over and behind us.

So just as outdoor workers can be unpredictable, Monday had a little rain and then it came and went and we had a nice quiet day but no roofers. Then Tuesday rolled in with a bang. No pun on my words but Jack fell down to the dreaded stomach bug 1st thing Tuesday morning and then had the chills and fever. On top of that, the roofers showed up at 7am to replace our hail damaged roof making it an all day session. So while Jack battled both ends and tried to lay down as he could, ALL we heard was 13 men on top of our roof and hammer hammer hammer!

There was no escaping for me as originally planned to another quiet happy place in town for fear of being needed by the sick one. The TV gave no entertainment with the pounding over our heads. The only thing that was pleasant at our house on Tuesday was me catching up on my blog and organizing pictures on the computer. We were both glad to call it a day when dark came!

Today the roofers are back and Jack is a thinner man, a little weak but holding his own and I am on top of my house chores since there is nothing else I can do!


post signature

No comments: