Sunday, July 25, 2010

End of our week with Knox

Having Knoxie for a week was a special treat and what we all 3 enjoyed the most was our early morning walks. We stopped sometimes to speak to the neighborhood animals but mostly this boy liked moving at a good pace which suited Lolli and Pops fine in trying to keep our exercise schedule up at the same time.



There was no where we went that someone did not stop us to look at such a pretty baby!
Knox and I had a big time shopping in Publix and he was most impressed with the new grocery buggy and also his pre-birthday balloon I bought him!
One afternoon I dressed him up in one of his daddy's outfits that he wore at this same age and took him to see a few of my sweet friends in an assisted living home that I visit monthly. You can see in this picture he is just about ready to take off walking. I was kind of glad he did not while I had him since I know how important it is for the parents to see their baby walk for the first time.
This lady, Miss Ann Barr, served in World War II in the Womans's Army Corp helping decipher coded messages and relaying secret information for the Allied Forces in Italy and North Africa. She has had a most interesting life after the war working for the Alabama Extension Service and working in 4H programs wich now includes her being on the Alabama 4-H Wall of Fame. She was so excited for Knoxie to sit on her walker, which he loved!!! I knew she would get a kick out of his outfit too since the sailor look was a big deal back then and oh how she marveled at Knox's hair and smile as well :)
But he would have nothing to do with sitting in her lap or anyone elses on this visit and as you can see not even the lollipop she gave him would bribe him to her lap. My friend, Lisa, was also visiting Miss Barr and she was great interacting with Knox!
While he was with Lolli and Pops there was no problem going from lap to lap :)
And there you have it, Knox in a box!
Our week came to a halt sooner than we could count and the trip home was good with a few moments looking in Lolli's cosmetic mirror. I think he likes what he sees! I sure do :)
Knoxie boy we shall miss our time with you and look forward to future visits together! I am so thankful your mommy trusts me to have you and loans you out on occasion. And I am quite sure that during the next visit you will be walking all over the place :)

post signature

No comments: