Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gifts

Who doesn't love a gift? I do not know anyone that would not smile at a gift that says someone was thinking of you at the time they bought or made their gift.
Lately I have received several gifts that brought smiles to my life!
The 4 orange lollipops in my special antique lollipop jar are from Brendan Downes. He brought them to me during his visit at Boys Week at Lolli and Pops. He was shopping with his mom in Nashville and saw the "orange" lollipops and thought of his Lolli and asked his mom to buy them for me. Melts my heart when a grandchild or any child for that matter thinks unselfishly with others in mind. Those 4 lollipops are long gone now with all the kids we have had visiting but the thought behind the gift will be with me a long time.
My older sister, Amy, sends me special little gifts from time to time and this one that arrived a couple of weeks ago was especially appreciated from her. They are a bag of lollipops from her trip to Ireland! She attached a cute note on a horse notecard since she knows I take the kids to see the neighborhood horses whenever I can(the horses are out in the country this summer...boo hoo). The Ireland lollipops also arrived just before the granddaughters visited and they really enjoyed tasting the lollipops from a different culture. I am so grateful for Amy's love language =the gift of giving!

These lollipops and mug were a sweet thank you gift from Regan and Lee after we kept baby Knox for a week while they went to London. Regan picked them out for me at the London Eye. I am reeping the fun gifts from these super travelers around the world, huh?!

And lastly but not leastly, I received a package all the way from Hong Kong! What a special surprise I had when my nephew, Scott, and Cat, (sweet sweet neice in law)who are living in China right now, sent me 2 little Chinese robes, chop sticks, and fans and my own personal chinese dress up robe :)! This package arrived the week I was keeping Knox which happened to be the week before Scott and Cat delivered their own brand new baby boy which means they were out shopping during her 9th month of pregnancy and thought of me and my fun times with the grandkids. Wow -they know how to make a person/aunt feel extra special!

My gift from China could not have arrived a better time! The big girls enjoyed playing with them during their visit as much as I know the little girls will during this upcoming week.

post signature

Thank you all for your gifts of love! I am especially grateful for your thoughts of me and the fun I love to have with all the children!

No comments: