Monday, January 3, 2011

#1 January exercise = looking up

This January I must intentionally exercise. But I am not talking about working out because I am fairly disciplined in that area (we especially enjoyed our daily routine 3 mile walk around the golf course on this recent cold Monday morning.) I am talking about looking up with my eyes from time to time away from several things:

1. Looking up from my new Ipad! If I could I would keep my head looking down at it the majority of the day but people, my neck was not designed for that, nor was my mind and besides my neck just plain aching if I spend too much time looking down, I am not balancing my time well if that is my focus of the day.

2. Looking up from my sewing machine or hand sewing. Again my neck aches after I am engrossed in a project like I have been the past week.

Once I get into my sewing, I am full speed ahead so with baby Greer making her appearance a little earlier than planned, I have been cramming as if I was in college again before a big exam! I am on to her daygown now, but with occassional breaks imbetween the stitches that I hope create an heirloom for her generation :)and future ones. Looking forward (and up) to share this new baby girl with you all soon. I still pinch myself that I am a grandmother with marvelous blessings abounding.

3. Looking up from the things of the world that get me down. Only way I can do that is to focus on my relationship with Him and absorb myself in His word and in the intimate fellowship of Him and also with other believers that will encourage and help to strengthen my faith as I walk this life.

No resolutions for me, just intentions to look up as my main exercises starting afresh in January!

post signature

No comments: