Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby Greer is here!

Baby Greer was due January 28th this month but for the last 2 weeks, she had been making gestures that she might come a bit early but we did not expect it to be 3 weeks early. Of course I put off getting totally involved in my sewing til after Christmas and I regret that I did.

This past week I was stretched to get baby Greer's coming home daygown and bonnet totally finished and ready for when we would get a "we are in labor" call. I stayed up til midnight Jan 2,3,4 working on it, making sure I had all the machine sewing done and I am so glad I did. On Wednesday, January 5th, the only thing I had left to do was to hand sew the buttons on. We got the call at 12:30 pm while we were at a church luncheon for 80+ seniors on January 5th that Regan was in labor. We hightailed it home, packed our things, (including my needle, scissors, pins and buttons) and we were on our way down to Fairhope.


She was born at 6:01 p.m. and we arrived, after driving in blinding rain a short bit, just about 30 minutes after she made her entrance to this world. It was so very special to see her little precious face and body in person and to share in the moments with Lee and Regan and Knox and the Ware/Zimlich/Haygood family.
She was so content to be held and adored before her first bath too.
I don't need to tell you just how beautiful she is!
They are doing well at home now. I'll be sharing updated pictures as I can with you all.


Big brother (17 months old) was not so sure about her that night she was born. His little world is out of the norm right now but we have no doubt that he will adjust and be the best big brother yet!
he made a beeline for the door to the hallway on his second visit to the hospital as soon as he could -he knew there was lots of room to run out there :)

Regan's grandmother and I had a good time together the next day trying the bonnet on Greer. She was very cooperative in her sound little newborn sleep that day in the hospital but I hear she did not like it at all on her coming home day (sigh and sad Lolli - I must have a little talk with her real soon about how all very southern girl babies wear bonnets)


I'll be back soon with some new updated pictures. Lolli's loves are now up to 12! YES we have 12 grandchildren now!

post signature


I am so blessed!

No comments: