Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a little bit of this and a little bit of that




Since it (the AU winning excitement) is fresh in our atmosphere I must post a few more pictures about the championship and then you Alabama fans can sigh a moment of relief that maybe I will go back to posting mostly about my grandchildren ....but after all this blog is about LOLLI's LOVES and I do love my AU football and basketball (and it looks like there will be no bragging rights on basketball this year for sure)!
a friend of ours saw us downtown the morning after and sent me her take on seeing us.
my friend, Peggy Plumb and I braved the frigid temperatures to go welcome the AU team back to Auburn at the Athletic Center and we were among many freezing students. I mean to tell yall it was some kind of cold here and we were dressing to keep warm, not to look cute for sure! I thank God we live in the South after that week of polar bear conditions :)

I had to ask several college kids to bunch up close to us just to keep warm (they were half dressed you know). After waiting an hour and a half, Peggy and I just could not take it when the tweeters told us it was going to be another hour and 1/2 before they arrived from being stuck in Montgomery that night. This was one time I praised technology for being able to alert two frozen old ladies (sorry Peggy!)to go on home and let the young folks do all the welcoming!

3 days after the championship, we welcomed these 4 little feet to celebrate with us for a few days.
don't you just love those feet touching one another? makes me smile every time I look at it :)

we made a little trip downtown to show the girls the toilet paper (the girls were thrilled to see both) and to eat at Chik-Fil-A and we saw something kind of cute that had never been there before.
zooming in so you can see the cash register area there! Yes folks, I could take a thousand pictures of the town, here, to show you how we celebrate.
Here is one more of a home in our neighborhood that I thought was really cute.

I'll be back with more of these cutie pies soon!


post signature

No comments: