Friday, March 11, 2011

I blinked on this day 32 years ago

Today marks the day when I learned the true definition of "mother". I had no idea what all it meant until my little girl was born 32 years ago today. As every mother does, I relive Jessica's birth every year on this day and savor those memories like none other. One birthday sticks out in my mind above all others.
I loved planning all her birthday parties to celebrate each year but I think her 5th was one of the most favorite. She wanted a rainbow party and a pinata so that is what we had. I was brave and invited her entire kindergarten class. I was even braver planning an outdoor party in the middle of March! All that week before the party, she and I prayed asking God for pretty party weather.
It turned out to be a gorgeous day with 40% thunderstorms predicted. I was so nervous about 20+ kids potentially eatting popsycles and iced rainbow cookies inside in the event of bad weather but God had mercy on us and it was marvelous.
Within one hour after the party, a big black cloud came down on us and Jessica and I stood at the window and thanked God for giving her a rainbow party outside earlier that day
And then after the quick rain, out burst a beautiful rainbow in the sky just above our house! We were in awe and praised God big time for that blessing. I had friends call us and ask if Jessica could pray for their future parties after that day!
Then I blinked and she turned 16.

I blinked again and she was married and has 2 precious little girls of her own.
Happy Birthday Jessica! I love you!
I think I will hold off blinking for awhile!

post signature

1 comment:

jessica said...

Alll that is so sweet! I love you too!