Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Spring Beauties...be sure to read all of this post

This has been a fun month for me to capture the beauty in my everyday life! With the arrival of Spring, I found myself running outside every second I could. But first, I have to share these beauties of another nature! (my mother loved butterflies so my sisters and I smile everytime we find something new in the butterfly mode). These taste every bit as good as a regular oreo and they make you smile too :)

Now, on to the real beauties in my yard.
I am a blue bird lover big time! Could not contain myself when I captured this guy right outside my sewing room window! Seriously, I will have to frame this, I think.

Next to bluebirds, I also love Bradford Pear trees. They remind me of my daughter's birth and they bring a fresh look to our beginning of Spring. I am so happy to have this tree in my yard and watch it unfold each year.
These trees belong to a friend of mine nearby. I ride by her house every day in March just to see them.

All the rest of my pictures are from my yard. It has been a beautiful month here.







And now for the best Spring beauty of all : my newest granddaughter, Greer!

My first time to see this baby girl since she was born and I had to take lots of pictures of this little beauty. I just could not wait any longer to go see her.
She is 9 weeks old and perfect.



Of course I shared my grandmother holding time with Susan. It was hard but I had to be nice (ha ha). After all this TRUE and DEERest friend rode 4 hours to accompany me to see my little loves and 4 hours home with me all in one day. Now, folks, that is a loving friendship in action.

After we visited awhile, we headed downtown to eat a bite of lunch. Just us girls.
Baby Greer was quite stunned to see her Lolli sitting right next to her in the back seat (between 2 car seats!)

and then she just slept the whole time at our lunch outting and on our way to pick up Knox.

It was such a pleasant surprise to see my son and his co worker on their lunch break after we picked up Knox from Mothers Day Out.

Of course, I had to bring my grandson a special lollipop.

He would not even put it down to go down the slide.

Miss Greer was dreaming of the day she gets to have a lollipop too!




As much as I enjoy blogging and sharing my grandmother moments with you, I have felt the nudge to cut out some of my social networking. I have decided to stop the blog at this time. I think most everyone who reads my blog is already a FB friend, so you all can see my future pictures on FB. If you are not a friend of mine on FB and want to keep up with me, feel free to request a friendship with me by leaving a comment on this post of how to contact me.
Happy Spring yall and so long to blogging. It has been a nice activity over the last several years and I have enjoyed sharing Lolli's loves with each of you.

post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful last blog! Love you...

jessica said...

sad! social networking can be very time consuming :). Maybe you can get your blog printed for keepsakes!