Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Beauties and Spring Break

There are many beauties in my life, but here are 4 that mean the world to me that I have seen recently.
Truthfully, only one of the 5 of us was really on Spring Break and that would be Miriam, our ever loving hostess. She has a most relaxing and inviting lake house that is a great "sort of" central meeting place for everyone in our Potluck group to gather.


Bless her heart, being a fifth grade teacher is taxing in itself and heaven knows she needs a break from being in charge but Miriam is always the hostess with all the mostest. I was happy that she grabbed a moment to chill on the dock before everyone else arrived. Because when our group gets together, it is NON-STOP conversations..laughing...hooting...hollering....so much fun!


Ree, always brings camellias when we get together this time of year and places them all around the house that we party in! Seriously, she brings in gift boxes full of them! Oh yeah, did I mention she always brings the best ever chocolate chip cookies and home made cinnamon rolls, too? She claims that all they have to do way down south in Monroeville is cook. I think I need to spend a week with her to learn more of this thing called cooking! Ha! On second thought, no, I need to stay put because I gained 5 pounds just from 2 days at the lake with these gals :)


Sarah, has the funniest sense of humor, that usually sends us over the edge in giggling spurts but she was deep in thought sitting on the dock in this moment. I appreciated every minute of those thoughts, dear friend. The older we get, the wiser we are, and this girl here is one that shares her nuggets of wisdom in the most entertaining ways.


Fancy Nancy is always last to arrive and we usually break out in loud halleluiahs when our circle is complete to be together again. Nancy brings to us the news from our hometown and has usually run circles around all of us socially. We are energized with enthusiasm from our Nancy.


These 3 girls from our Potluck friends graduated from that OTHER school in West Alabama.


And then 2 of us went to you know where and had BIG BRAGGING rights this year and let it be known! We have waited a long time to do this and it was really a FUN moment for Sarah and I :)


Miriam had strict instructions from her husband on how to take us out on a boat ride. She did so well and the ride on Lake Martin was the best!

even little Spencer enjoyed a great view from the front of the boat.

The ducks and I have a lot to quack about when Spring arrives.
I am pretty sure they are as sad as Miriam that Spring Break is officially over. It was a really nice week, Mother Nature. And thank you, Father Lord, it was a great week to be with friends you blessed me with.

post signature

No comments: