Monday, August 4, 2008

Big Girls Only Weekend -"Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice Day"








Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice Day was exactly that! The girls wanted to go back and feed the horses again especially since they watched the horse movie the night before. After swimming a little bit, cutting out paper dolls, we made brownies and cookies (sugar)and then took them to several of my favorite older friends, Mrs. Marjorie and Mrs. Dorothy. That was extra special for the girls to be introduced to them and for us to do something nice for someone. They came home and eagerly made scrapbooks of their entire weekend which was a very fun craft time for all 3 of us! The girls and I even got Pops to play a game of Mexican Dominoes this weekend (another something nice)! We also watched the movie, Recipe For Disaster, to tie in with all our cooking and it was voted Sydney's #1 choice of all 3 movies we watched. But the day ended up with some spice for sure as those 2 gals got creative and decided to go into Pops underwear drawer (he was out running an errand to pick up our photos for their albums). Oh my! I wish I had gotten his face on camera when he opened the door to see his granddaughters wearing his boxers! But I was too busy helping them pull this off (spicy grandmother that I am!)

post signature

No comments: