Sunday, August 24, 2008

Today being a special day

As I read other's blogs and write my own, I am in unison with many of how therapuetic it is to some degree to post things that are near and dear to one's heart.

Today being a special day in my life I want to share some of an article that I read recently in AARP magazine (those of you under 50 are laughing at this point but you too will come to this day in your life so do take note!). The article is titled 50 Reasons To Love Being 50+! The 1st one they list is Because you can spoil the grandkids with sweets (that would be me!) Others they list are: Because you are free to do what you want....Because you get better at crossword puzzles-in my case Quiddler, scrabble..maybe(my son in law is laughing at this one)!...Because you've been embarrassed so much, you're all out of chagrin....Because our music rocks (the Beach Boys, The Beatles...)Because you don't tolerate bad service (my kids are probably now on the floor laughing at this one!)... Because you know who your friends are...and most importantly, Because love grows deeper over time!

I could really post a long time about all my reasons I love where I am at 50+ but I won't! But I am compiling a "bucket list" because when you get to this point in life it causes one to take notice of the time element left to do all you want to do and feel called to do.

Today I was reminded of how much love I do have, starting the day with love from my Savior while worshipping at church and ending with visits, cards and calls from family and friends. I did enjoy MY day and thank each of you who made it special for me to be 50+. An extra treat I received was from my son, Lee, driving in to town to see me (missed seeing Regan but I am looking forward to some time with her next weekend:). When I saw Lee grab a lollipop, I could not resist the moment!

Another reason I love being 50+ is sharing a lollipop moment with my grown son!
Lollipops are not just for the grandkids!



post signature

No comments: