Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Lolli's out there

After visiting with my friend, Suzanne, this weekend, she told me that several of her friends like my grandmother name, Lolli, so much that they are adopting it when their little grands comes too. That is good with me, I will take it as a compliment that they think it is extra special because it is!
But it did make me wonder when all the MiMi's and Maw Maw's and GG's and GaGa's, and Nana's and Gram's and Granny's got started. I know the name, "Grandmother", dates all the way back to the Bible in reference to Timothy's grandmother, Lois (II Tim 1:5). Names are an interesting subject but grandparent names are even more fascinating to me. Could be because you get to pick that one out where as your parents got to pick out your other name! I catch most people smiling when they say "Lolli"! It has a cutesy ring to it, huh?
When I first came up with my Lolli name to compliment Pops, I absolutely had never heard of anyone else using Lolli as a grandmother name. Since then I have heard of 2 others using it somewhere in the Birmingham area and now some want-a-bees getting ready! Do yall think I started something? Maybe, they will even come out with some Hallmark greeting cards in the pink section that say Lolli!
For the record, I became Lolli 11½ years ago. If anyone else knows someone who has had this affectionate name as a grandmother before then let me know. We might have to start a Lolli Club!


post signature

No comments: