Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Luau time is drawing near

this is a picture I sent to the girls to get them thinking towards this year's Luau...I know it is cheesy but the grand girls love playing with these Barbies and I had just found the Barbies lollipop dresses so I took the opportunity to show them off (do you really think I was playing Barbies that afternoon by myself?)! I am a little bit of a crazy grandmother but not that far gone yet!

this photo is of all the grands with us during last year's Luau

So I will talk about The Luau a little bit on this post! Luau time at Lolli and Pops is when all our kids and grands come together at our house for a party. Holidays are just too complicated to get us all together so every year I strive to have one time when we can in the summer. This year we are having it at lunch on the first football game day of the season and I am hoping it will all work out nicely with everyone in town & all the excitement of a night game too.

There will be our traditional limbo, water balloon toss and Go Fishing Booth but something new added to the agenda this time! I have challenged each family to come up with an act to present to everyone for a Family Variety Show (after we do all the fun and games and eat some hopefully good Luau food too). Some are more excited than others but none more than me! Pops and I have "an act" we are working on for it and from what I hear by telephone some of the Downes families are working hard on their surprises too. The pictures of the grands I posted earlier made me think of the drama, the talent, the costumes, the giggles we might see at this year's 1st Family Variety Show during our 2008 Luau! Stay tuned in for a special edition of our 2008 Luau Party!

post signature

No comments: