Monday, November 9, 2009

Marcia's surprise birthday

This past Thursday I packed a suitcase for a long weekend's adventure. The first adventure was going to my precious friend, Marcia's surprise birthday party at her daughter, Emily's house in Vestavia. They told her to come to a gold party (it's the new thing to sell all your old gold stuff) and her real birthday is in December so there was no clue. She was most surprised and it was great fun to see her daughter Beth (on the far left), who lives and designs in New York. Beth also surprised her mom with her presence. This was a rare night that my own daughter and I could do something just the two of us and it was fun to be with her and meet all of Marcia's family and local friends.
It was just 30 years ago that Marcia and I were raising these little girls on the same street in Montgomery.

Our friendship together is aiming for 30 more years but the only raising we will do now is maybe a roof or two.


post signature

No comments: