Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Motto

I'm thankful for so many things this week but I want to post here how thankful I am for my friends. Jack and I have made so many nice friends through our church, covering all age ranges. While I was in New Orleans last week, my very special friend, Mrs. Dorothy passed away to be with her Savior. I missed her funeral but I did not miss the opportunity to say goodbye and spend time with her during her last several years here on earth. She shared my love for the grandbabies with me and always appreciated the brief visits when I took the kids by to see her. I know from my working days, that all older people love holding a baby. It is pure joy to share that blessing with others when I do have the babies visiting with me. A special friendship bonded between Mrs Dorothy and me. I am sure she is holding someone's little lamb in heaven right now.

She and I had a great time going to our mexican dominoe game times together and I cherish the conversations we had in the car going and coming.
I have always said it is better to spend time with someone while they are alive than to finally show up at their funeral. That's my motto and I am sticking to it. The only way to have a friend is to be a friend. That's my other motto and I'm sticking to it! You have got to have friends. It is the sweetest part of life,... besides having grandchildren :)

So this weekend we had some couples from church whom we have grown especially fond of over to play mex dominoes with. I snapped a picture of my dessert I served just before they arrived and then time went by having too much fun and I forgot to take any pictures of everyone. But I do have some pictures from previous times together of each of them just to share their faces with you.
Professor Plumb and his Peggy!
Professor Turnquist and his Peggy!
Madge and Jim Burton (Madge and I have been on mission trips together)

This is a pumpkin/gingerbread trifle that I got from Paula Deen's website. It is easy, friends.
Try out an easy new recipe on your very good friends. (They will love it.) That's my last motto for today and I'm sticking to it!


post signature

1 comment:

jessica said...

That desert looks yummy! I am gonna bring you my paula dean mags at Thanksgiving.