Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bye bye January

We spend most of the month of January at the basketball stadium each year. This weekend we had a nail biter of a basketball game here on the plains against our biggest rival, ALABAMA. It was down to the last 3 seconds and we were tied. AUBURN sealed the deal in the last second with 1 free throw and we won 58-57! We LOVE our men's basketball and are loyal fans no matter the winning or losing, but we must admit it is always fun to win a big one like that.
I took pictures of the scoreboard and Toomers Corner being rolled after the game Saturday with my cell phone but they were not worthy of publishing so I found this spirited one of Annie on my phone from football season and thought it was too cute not to publish :) and it expresses the happiness of all AUBURN fans this weekend.

While we were at another game this week, I looked up and a very special someone was making his way to the row in front of me with a big ole smile. He surprised me by finding me in the stadium full of thousands of people and came over to give me a big hug! I was so proud to introduce my nephew Parker, a freshman at AU this year, to my friends around me. I was even more proud when he asked could he go to church with us this Sunday!

Parker met us today for church and then joined us for lunch at our favorite Tenda Chick. I have some really fond memories of this boy especially of his early childhood years, and he and I have special nick names for each other from those days. He is "bunny foo foo" and I am "Aunt Pearlie foo foo". We both can't help but grin when the names come up.

and he was not too embarrassed (nor surprised) when I suggested we take a picture together today. Bunny foo foo, you know how to warm my heart!


post signature

Great way to end this month with a big win and a winning nephew by your side!

No comments: