Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weather or not you like it is beside the point

Weather we like it or not, we are gonna have a winter season, huh?
Some of us will wish for snow,
while others like the rainy days inside,
while yet others prefer blue skys all around us!
Weather we like this weather or not, I find that these winter days are required to be in the seasons of my life. Many of them, I can only see in the rear view mirror as being valuable.
I am already looking back to one night recently during this cold winter we have had, when we were invited to a couple's house that has an inside bird aviary. Quite unusual and oh so very interesting was the evening. They have 35 Australian finches that are absolutely beautiful little birds and the care for them is more than your average pet. There were umpteen little bird houses for them to fly in and take refuge and their landlords had it decorated so pretty. My photos do not do them justice but I think sharing them with you is a fun way to say that weather I like winter or not is beside the point. Something interesting can always be found and maybe even learned if I allow myself to look in the rearview mirror.








post signature

No comments: