Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Ants Go Marching into Nicaragua Schools and Churches

Here are the 11 ladies of our Ant VBS team all ready to go! See if you can tell what kind of ant each one of us is by our outfits :) (I'll give you close ups later in the blog)
We went to 6 different places and gave Bible Schools to 500+ children in 5 days.
We are doing the hokey pokey in spanish here :)
To love what you do and feel that it matters -how could anything be more fun?
one of my many sweethearts in Nicaragua-seriously this little guy I would have brought home if I could.
They all loved making ant headbands and egg carton ants to take home
Singing with wax paper and combs was enjoyed by all - especially the older boys!
We had 3-4 Nicaraguan guys that went with us every day and we could not have done it without them. They spoke both languages and were so loving to all the kids. They became our best buddies. This is "Nestor" helping here.
I have dozens of pictures of the kids but as I look back through them I am so pleased with the elementary and preteen age boys liking our theme and activities.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that take your breath away!"
Playing with the stuffed ants and the parachute was a favorite as was...
"ant, ant, lazybones" (same as duck, duck, goose) and my favorite was...
Ants in the pants! All ages loved this-will share more pictures later on this one!
One little preschool we went to fed the 25 kids lunch and this woman prepared it as we played with the kids. She cooked oil and rice and noodles over a small fire in a kettle pot and then added a very small dab of tomatoe sauce on each serving in the bowls. (we painted t-shirts with the kids here and hung them on a barbed wire to dry)
I was quickly reminded how much I have to be thankful for at the sight of this.
The children loved the sunglasses and red bags we bought them.

Thank you for praying for me during this week I went to Nicaragua. My heart is overflowing with blessings from this experience. I have more to tell and hopefully can show you in pictures some very special moments we had in Leon, Nicaragua.

post signature

No comments: