Friday, April 16, 2010

While I was packing for my mission trip this week and learning a few new words in espanol, I was also packing for a few days to help out with quatro grandchildren in Montgomery!
We took the 3 youngest to their gymnastics lessons and we enjoyed being the excited grandparents in the bleacher section while all the young mothers were texting and writing grocery lists etc...
We have taken them years before this so it was fun to see how they have progressed on the balance beams and other apparatus. Meanwhile teenager Chad is glad to be old enough to stay home and enjoyed his quiet time playing his games.
Second day on the job had Pops a little pooped! (I am gonna get killed for posting this picture but by the time he sees it I will be way far away...he he!)
Alex was quite amused to be in on my fun :) How he manages to sleep through our girlish giggles and barbie doll playing in the same room I do not know.
I told the kids if they let me take their picture in front of an azalea bush, we would take them to Krispy Kreme. There was no debate and all smiles on that offer.
Man, it is fun to be a grandparent! Who else can get away with no guilt walking into Krispy Kreme at 3:30 in the afternoon for a snack :)
We hit the place right when the "hot donuts" sign started blinking. I was just as excited as they were. The kids kept hollering for the "messed up ones" as we watched them cooking through the window. There was many squeals and ahhs as some donuts made it to the perfectly round track and the others dripped and drooped off the racks. All 3 kids asked the clerk for "the messed up ones please" and she replied that no one had ever requested that before. It made us all smile. I hope these children will remember that we are all just like those donuts. Some of us get off track at times but we can still be muchly loved and wanted even when we droop and get out of shape.
Harrison wanted a messed up chocolate one :)
Sydney was happy with her crazy donut.
Alex was mainly just happy to be at the park having a donut picnic!
That's all from me, folks, for this week. These girls and Harrison listened to my spanish songs for VBS and we had a big time learning them together the past few days. They think the ant theme sounds like a really fun time for the Nicaraguan kids and they promised to pray for our mission trip. It is gonna be neat to share with them later this month about it all. Who knows, maybe some day they just might go on a mission trip with me!


post signature

No comments: