Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter joy

our church
our tree
our flowers
our table
my bird's nests treats
my carrot cake (found these lindt chocolate carrots at the drugstore!)


my two hams for the day!!!
side note about this one ham was I realized I had no garnish at the last minute to complete the display then I remembered I had some leftover tinted coconut from the girl's cupcakes that I kept in the refridgerator. I also had some paper mache eggs that I have saved from my friend Kitty who lives in San Antonio. She gave them to me when we visited years ago as a momento of the type celebrations they have in south Texas. They are like mini pinatas and have confetti inside. I have saved them for a future celebration but for now they are deemed to decorate my ham platter :)

4 of the sweet friends who celebrated Easter lunch with us (the guys were on the porch solving the problems of all golfers)

Peggy T. brought me these beautiful flowers from her yard. They complimented one table where I already had purple placemats out.


and these 2 special guys popped in to complete our Easter celebrations for the end of the day.
Brendan is about to lose his first tooth! Pops really wanted to pull it but he was just not ready for that to happen :)
Beckett was beside himself on our hand me down slide/play structure from Mrs SuMe (it has been put to full use in one week already)
Scott was especially happy to share his brand new IPad with us (hot off the press as of Saturday). We enjoyed seeing all it's capabilities and maybe one day one can reside in my hands.
I am filled with joy to have had such a nice Easter celebration with all these people and most of all to know deep down that He is risen indeed. Pure Easter joy!


post signature

p.s. you might have read in my last post that Petunia rabbit was last seen on Easter day 2009. Well, Petunia showed up the day before Easter just outside our porch! She let me get this close to take her picture :)

No comments: