Monday, March 16, 2009

visiting "Mrs. Shiplip"

The first day of the girl's visit we were invited to visit my friend, Susan Shiflett, at her house. Annie called her Mrs "Shiplip" :) She has the best yard for little ones and the girls were loving playing in the sand box, on the playset, and with Hatfield, her big yellow lab dog.

anyone notice that this baby has red hair?

and this little girl likes to be on top of things, literally!

I think Annie tried to sprinkle Hatfield with some of her sand...he is such a good dog! What we really needed was a saddle for Annie to ride him :)
ummmm , this sand tastes pretty good :)


"Mrs Shiplip" has been my friend for 30 years now and helped me so much in my young single mom days when my own children were just this age. She and Mr."Shiplip" were wonderful examples to me of a true Christian servant. I learned then first hand how to receive such loving service when I absolutely had no way to pay it back but just accept it as a gift. That is exactly how Christ loves us. Some lessons are so simple, huh? I am thankful for "the Shiplips" and how they modeled Christlike servanthood first hand to me in the beginning of my Christian growth.


post signature

No comments: