Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aloha Hut

Each year I have the Luau I pretty much get all the credit for it being such fun. But my better half, Pops, is the reason it all comes together and it really could not happen without him. He works sooooooo hard the week before the party and the last 2 years his Aloha hut has been the hit!
Yes, I do a little coaching from the sidelines but he is the brain behind the wheel so to speak (you already knew that, right!)





The work we both put into the party is so worth it to both of us. This would be a good place in the blog to also give my mother some credit for this tradition I've made for my family. The year my younger sister and her husband moved to Hawaii(1982), my mother had a family goodbye party -Luau style-for them at the lake. My children loved it and the seed was planted in me then. Each year I have this event when I pull out all my decorations, I search for some very special ones to make sure they made it through the year of attic heat because those were my mother's from that 1st Luau in 1982. It gives me great pleasure to carry on with some of the fun things she did with us and for us! I am especially thankful for a husband that labors and supports my Luau blood :)


post signature

No comments: