Sunday, September 26, 2010

another football weekend

We are having some pretty exciting football weekends around here! My once Alabama fan husband is now fully converted to the Auburn team and he has been to the last 3 home games. Only thing I can say is waiting for this was well worth it. Wether we win or lose is not my point, it is that it is good to be on the same team when you live in the same house, especially in a college town.
And with that said, I am glad my son is unified with his wife and son now too and has converted to that other team (took me awhile to warm up to it I must admit) It will make their future a lot more fun during football season and I am all about fun and defintely want family harmony for all our children! I truly want my grandchildren to grow up having fun with team sports and as a family unit.

Speaking of family fun, the Greg Downes family made it to Auburn this weekend and they experienced ultimate fun. Tailgating, good seats, game victory, and Toomers Corner rolling and a glimpse of Lolli and Pops at midnight and Sunday Morning(ha ha)! I loved that the kids were already talking about "what we are going to do on their next summer's visits"! I may not get to see these 2 much during the year but our 1 week in the summer together is GREAT!
The Lolli and Pops B & B is in full swing this football season and we do enjoy it. I must also add that this past weekend, my little brother's sweet stadium seats gave us a new view of an Auburn game (thanks Ray and Susan)! My hearing will never be the same sitting that close to the student section but the seats were so comfortable and the endless popcorn and peanuts and drinks were very nice as was the lunch and no lines to the restroom! We liked being able to see my older brother and his wife too!
Next week, there will be a surprise visit from a little guy walking up a storm. Stay tuned for another update soon.

post signature

No comments: