Wednesday, September 22, 2010

last post of Summer 2010


I am hurrying like crazy to get this last post in of our last summer visit with the grandchildren since this is officially the last day of summer (can't tell by our current weather though). This one was with the 2 little granddaughters who have managed to come together the last 3 summers, even though they are step cousins. They do not see each other very often and get along famously when they do. Alex is 5 and Annie is 4. I am thinking of renaming their time with us "the A week".


I had a blast planning their time with us and even more so spending the 4 days with them.

there was dancing, dancing and more dancing along with acting and pretending...




It thrills me that the two girls have so much fun together at this early age. Annie is the big sister in her home and Alex is the little sister in her home but when they come to our house together they have role reversal and enjoy every minute of it.


The little girls LOVE painting and crafts and one of the smartest things I ever did was buy 2 girl's white shirts for $1 each at the kids consignment sale and keep them for our painting and messy projects :)




they also love cats and princesses and fishies...and Lolli loves to dress them up in matching lollipop outfits! (I found these ON SALE at Belks the week before they came to visit)
With these girls, I did not work on a theme as much as I did with the older kids. They were happy just to look at trees and wander through the yard and play candyland and silly faces! We had "Princess Day" and "Water Day" and a special trip to the pizza place that has all the games to throw money at and the pet store where they wished for a pet (I did not give in). But what these girls liked more than anything was the Dancing Princess Barbie movie I bought at WalMart. We watched it everyday at "rest time". I kind of had fun watching it myself and resting with them!

Our daily visit to the pool was extremely nice considering it was around 98 or 100 all 4 days they were with us. Both girls loved playing in the pink floating "flowers" they called them. Anything pink is just alright with both these cutie pies.

I love the smuckers peanut butter and jelly sandwiches you can keep in your freezer. I would pull out several just before we headed to the pool and after swimming a while it was the perfect energizing snack for them.

We pretended we were at the golden arches several times and they know exactly what the menu has to offer (I can't imagine how they know that :)

Like Annie whirling away here, the 2010 summer ended in a whirlwind - I can hardly wait for next year!



post signature

1 comment:

Babs said...

This was the cutest one of the summer!! Great way to finish!