Tuesday, September 21, 2010

back to the girls week

I am going to wrap up the girls' visits this week because September blogging is lagging behind and I need to get back into a regualr routine, huh?.
The highlight of the girls' visit was not just one event this year but I must say I kept them guessing all week as to what their blindfold trip would be. Half the fun is keeping them in suspense :)
Again, the beanie babies (and a couple of minature rubber chickens too) made the car trip with us and I had to chuckle to myself at how much fun we have had with those little rascals the last several years.
When we arrived at the Auburn University Telfair Peet Theatre, the girls were not quite sure how much fun we would have. We had our own personal tour backstage and it was wonderful.
Lauren, who is very active in performing on stage in plays, asked lots of good questions and I think she learned some great things about College acting and plays. Our entrance to the actor's locker room was colorful and very interesting to see the individuality of each student's locker. I could see wheels turning inside the girls' heads as to the promise of some locker fun of their own.

Of course, this particular locker would not be allowed but it was amusing to view.

the sewing room was a thrill for Sydney and I especially! We only got a small glimpse of what is involved in making a costume for the stage.

We all enjoyed looking through the costumes and each era was packed with every outfit you can imagine. I could have spent 2 weeks there and not gone through each era.

The girls got to pick out several outfits to try on and this is one of the ones they chose.
there were multitudes of drawers with every kind of shoe imaginable, every accessory ever worn since 1750 and hundreds of hats with fuzzy this and fuzzy that on them.
I was pleasantly amused by the lingerie stock they had too.
after all that walking, we had ourselves a nice stroll down College street and surprisingly chose a frozen yogurt over the traditional Toomers Corner lemonade.

Pops and I loved the time with the big girls and our adventures together made for some awesome summer memories.

post signature

No comments: