Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goodbye Summer and remembering The Big Girls

I had high hopes of sharing some interesting pictures that I took Saturday at the AU game and was all ready to download them from my phone to the computer and I stuck the adapter card in the wrong slot which will now cost me a trip to the computer store. We have shook it every which-a-way and taken off the front without damaging anything but it appears we need help to retrieve it.
Oh well, some of you (Alabama fans don't want to see those pictures anyway) will appreciate other pictures more.

I blogged early in August that I would have to share my Girls' Week pictures in September since this month will be a slow one in our activity of seeing grandchildren. So here are some from Big Girls Week at Lolli and Pops:
We did so much the week these girls were here but this picture sums it up pretty good! We had a blast together :)
When Lauren and Sydney are here, things happen that just don't normally take place. When you put 2 cousins, ages 13 and 10 together away from their brothers and parents they seem to get a little hyper, especially when cooking anything chocolate!

Giggles, smeared faces, laughter, and stained shirts were the result! (gotta love Shout It Out at times like this)

Sydney walked in with not 1 but 3 bags full of Beanie Babies and they certainly had a good time all week with these collectable items. It was fun to see their creativity naming them and grouping them and including them in most everything we did!
My friends' tandem bike was good for some morning exercise too between the 4 of us.

especially Pops and I since the girls could not reach the front seat's pedals.

One of the fun things we did with my neighbor's granddaughters was style us some hairdos with empty plastic bottles (in this case they used small Dr.Pepper bottles:) The girls all had fun modeling their do's to us along with a little skit too.


You knew I could not post without a lollipop picture :)
One of the things I enjoy most about having the big girls is playing games with them. These 2 love playing games as much as I do and they begged me every night to stay up late playing either mexican dominoes or Last Word.

I miss them already. I really am sad to say goodbye to summertime but I already have a few new ideas brewing for next year's weeks with each set of grandchildren :)

post signature

1 comment:

jessica said...

i love the hair pictures. So cool!