Wednesday, September 8, 2010

hair day

It is not every woman that has a special relationship with her hairdresser. But I do. James and I have the best conversations when I am under his haircare :) He is not just all about making me look better than I could either (he tries his best in that area too). He spurs me on to deep thinking and spiritually, he is wise beyond his years. I have come to love him like a brother and a friend and look so forward to my hair salon days when He and I can catch up. James has done a great job with Magnolia Salon and I am proud for him to be so young and owning a thriving business in the heart of Auburn.
Today was my hair day and I came away with an extra step in my stride. He has that kind of influence over me! No pictures of my new hair do today but maybe in the next week or 2 ,I might share the latest "do" I have now.

When I had the big girls here for the week in July, he gladly accepted my request to do their hair as part of our activities one day (I had their mom's permission too). Lauren had never been to his salon and it was a treat to see her and Sydney in the styling mode together.
Sydney comes to her cousin "Boomer" regularly and she was quite at home with letting him do his thing.
I think he did a great job on both girls. One of the things he and I understand about each other is to say what you think and just be honest. It is a gift to be able to do that with my hairdresser and I have had a few over the years that I absolutely could not do that with.

Let me just say a woman's hair is top priority. I choose the ones that care for me with great care. Some might call me picky. That is ok with me. I am quite particular about my favorite hairdresser and very fond of him. You should be too.

post signature

1 comment:

jessica said...

Booo! What a tease that you didn't put a picture of your new hair do up! We want to see!
And love Lauren and Sydney's hair cuts! Cute cute!