Thursday, June 4, 2009

Looking Back...over my time in Costa Rica


parachute fun with the kids
The chicken game in action
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet...and a light unto my path.

Alexis, one of my 3 roomates, brought with her a Costa Rica Survival Kit that her best friend made for her to bring and open a different envelope of encouragement each day while we were gone. What a great idea and what a special friend she has! We all waited in anticipation each day as she read the envelope of the day.
And her friend did not know how much the heart theme ♥ would be a part of our week either:)


These were our teenager team members. Great trio of guys! We could not have done the hard physical work without them and the kids loved their piggy back rides!
Praying together before a meal

Crazy Madge kept duct tape on her bed frame and secretly taped her mouth so her snoring would not bother us! That is a true friend for sure. I never got her picture actually doing it though:)

enjoying the monkeys with Madge


Yall call if you need a helping hand to mud your next wall! I can do it!


This is a team favorite. One of the Costa Rican mothers stuck this ♥ sticker on her baby boy while we were in VBS!


My boots after a week of painting and mudding. I donated them to the work site on our last day:)

Robert was a tender man on our team. The children just flocked to him. On our last night after Caroline and I gave a devotional on thanking God from our heart ♥ for the opportunity to be there, Robert wrote on our leftover craft hearts a letter to God about his grateful heart ♥.


Glen, our other team leader and his wife, Flavin were wonderful role models for all of us as servants for the Lord! This was taken at the rain forest restaurant.


Caroline and I with our Honeyword Bibles on the last night of the trip.


post signature

No comments: