Thursday, June 4, 2009

VBS - days 3 & 4


When we pulled up in front of this church where we held VBS on the 3rd and 4th day, we immediately recognized the spanish word, corazon, which means "heart" ♥ . We had been singing in spanish with the kids, "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart ♥...where?" and knew that corazon means hear♥t . That blue sign on the church says "When you take Jesus into your heart and walk with him, you will be changed." The whole team,again, marveled at how a little spanish word on a church sign could mean so much to all of us. We were all changed by this week in Costa Rica with Jesus in our hearts. ♥!

On these two days in VBS, I worked as a station leader in the crafts. So the majority of my pictures are of the kids making bookmarks on these days.




Barbara (who is Caroline's grandmother) was given a bracelet with a heart ♥ on it by one of the kids at VBS. She was so touched. They do not have much and for this child to give her bracelet away to one of our team members says a lot about their hearts ♥ in Costa Rica.

This little boy, Wesley, did not say anything the first day of VBS and hardly smiled. He came back the next day with a jacket that had ♥ hearts on the back and would not stop talking and smiling! God is so good!


Eliazar was 13 and caught my eye at the very beginning of our 2 days here. He was a helper with the little ones as well as a participant with his whole h♥eart . He came up to me at the end and asked for my signature on his name tag, as did many children with the leaders. I was able to communicate to him how very special he is.

The siblings were so sweet with each other and always looked out for them.

All the preteens came to bookmarks in one group this day and they went crazy over the selection of ♥ heart and cross stickers. You would have thought it was Christmas the way they ewwed and ahhed and squealed when I first put them all out! You never know what little thing can be such a gift.



It was a joy to watch our Caroline interact with these kids every day (she is on the end on the right). They quickly brought her into their circles. I can't wait to see how Caroline grows up after this experience. I hope my grandchildren can experience similar trips in their own lives to understand the true meaning of giving and to see another side of love in another country.


post signature

No comments: