Friday, October 2, 2009

Adventures in Epcot

Shortly after we arrived in Orlando, we headed straight for Epcot just in time to see inside a few countries, eat a few bites, walk around the World and see the Illuminations Fireworks Show.

It was fantastic. At first I thought I was standing behind one of those BLUE MAN men but then I realized that was just one of his regular hair color preferences.
I enjoyed seeing so many varieties of people on this trip :) I liked Mr. Blue Hair man's Luau shirt too :)
Susan enjoyed the display of fireworks too as her mind was already planning which country to eat dessert in. Jack and I were entertained simply watching her delight in the food and wine festival decisions!
She and Jack had fun chatting on the bench while we all ate our french beef burquoisne (sp?!)at the France area. It was a mixture of beef and sauce very neatly tucked inside a perfectly round mound of mashed potatoes. If anyone reading this knows Susan, you can tell I learned to describe my foods with excitement from her on this trip. If only she could teach me how to spell them!
The next day we brightened Epcot's entrance first thing with a list of what we wanted to accomplish seeing.

This ride came highly recommended so we had that 1st to do and we can also tell you that it is the BEST and the most exciting ride I have ever experienced. So much SCENERY and SMELLS and ACTION and ADRENALINE. We loved it (I was scared at first and gasped a few times, Jack was laughing and Susan was squealing). We did not have to wait at all since we arrived at 9:05 but later we saw 30 minute waits on it. It is in The Land area in the Future Showcase and a recently new attraction all about California. A must see if you go!
All of us had been to The Seas before but we wanted to go to see Turtle Talk with Crush.
Everyone under age 4 also wanted to go see this! We had never seen so many strollers at once :)
It was adorable and I had a few moments really missing my grandchildren here :)
But hopefully in the future I can come back and be one of those doting grandparents watching the grandchildren's faces rather than all the character's faces.
Later, Susan and I tried to act like we were the grandchildren in Canada.
And we HAD to get our picture made with Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) for some our own little princesses we love :)
and we watched someone else's grandson help the juggler in Italy. I just love how Disney involves the visiting children in the audiences :)
I insisted Jack get his picture made with the Spitting Gargoyle of Notre Dame in the France showcase.
While eatting our International lunches outside in the beautiful weather, we enjoyed America's marching soldier show and a few American children who participated.
Lunch #1 = Lobster roll and Irish beer
Lunch #2 = veal beef sticks and noodle something with red wine (sorry Susan for the mild description :)
Lunch #3 = crab cakes and Samuel Adams delight!
This day in Disney WORLD's Epcot got rave reviews!


post signature

No comments: