Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Martha's Pie Crust

This is my treasured friend Martha. We have only known each other 6 years but she is now a " bestest" friend/sister in Christ whom I highly value. Her knowledge of the Bible and her life experiences have been a true inspiration to me.
Besides being a very very special friend and mentor, Martha is an excellent cook! I admit I have not had much training in the cooking department and pretty much go straight by a recipe. Whenever I have a question, I call her. Several weeks ago I needed to take a pie to a function and conveniently had my pie crust ready to assemble on the counter when Martha came over. She made it look so simple and patiently showed me step by step how to make a pretty pie crust. I thought it might be fun and helpful to you also to share it on my blog.
Some of you might recognize this apron of mine that I insisted she wear to keep her pretty outfit clean. I used to wear it like a uniform when I had dish duty in the Williams household. Somehow it made the dishes more fun to clean :) My family thought I should inherit it so I keep it close by for times like this.
See how she lifted the crust lightly up off the counter gripping it with her thumbs on to the rolling pin so she could transfer it to the pie pan.


It laid down a lot better than my past pie crists that I transfered by bare hands.


Then she used the side of her thumb to make the edges.

On the second pie crust she used her knuckle to create a different look.

And here are my 2 pie crusts looking just like they came from Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart and The Pioneer Woman!
Thanks Martha for letting me blog this!
I am a visual learner and greatly appreciate the time and patience to those of you who have shared your talents in the kitchen with me along the cooking journey over the years.


post signature