Friday, October 16, 2009

Not enough excitement

The birds were chattering outside today and I went outside to see what the commotion was..
This one said "look here... there is something I want to show you"

this one on the roof said "Tweet tweet, come see..."

even the lowly worm said "over here over here on the driveway"...

and there it was! my favorite little beast of the earth, ha! another snake on the property! at least it was a baby one...and I thought I liked all kinds of babies, but no, I don't like these...no matter what size they come in!
it was sort of small...small enough for me to feel comfortable to take his picture without having to zoom in!
small enough for me to step close and stoop down and see my husband had indeed ran over his middle with the mower earlier but did not quite finish the job.

sorry - all you snake lovers, I can't rest knowing a baby snake is going to grow up in my yard somewhere closeby.


post signature

and I am so glad the grandchildren were not here today even though I think it would have been educational!

No comments: