Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Both boys' impressions

I think it is worthy to blog that after our two 6 year old grandsons' time here with Lolli and Pops this weekend BOTH of their mothers have now reported to me that the following little incident made a big impression on them:
We were outside playing on the neighbor's playset this weekend and our little neighbor friend (another 6 year old) told them that his little brother(age almost 4) got his mouth washed out with soap that day for calling his brother "stupid" and saying the word "butt". Both eyes of both the grandsons immediately met mine at that moment. I asked if either of them had ever had their mouths washed out. They said no. I then told them that I had mine washed out when I was a little girl for spitting in my friend's face when I was mad about something she did. And I very pointedly told them that I NEVER spit in any one's face again.

I couldn't help but think of the many other things I expected them to tell their mothers about from our time together. But it was THIS incident that stuck with them and it makes me know that they are watching and listening and learning from others. I am pretty sure and hope they will think twice before they use both those two words again!

On another conversation that took place with the boys this weekend was the topic of "our soul and our spirit" (we had just heard the word used in a song). One said "your soul is what you are when you go to Heaven with Jesus". The other said "no, it is your spirit that goes to heaven". They continued to challenge each other whether it is a spirit or a soul. I chose to help them end the challenge by telling them " heaven is going to be the most wonderful place for our spirit-soul to rest and live eternally with Jesus and there will be no more tears or fights or troubles there." They both said "yeah" and we all smiled at the pure thought of Heaven!

post signature

No comments: