Friday, April 17, 2009

Highlights of My Week


My week began with an unexpected Monday Morning visit from Miss Sydney and Miss Alex Downes after they had gotten haircuts in Auburn. Lolli and the girls had a good time playing puzzles on the floor. I love surprise visits :) and especailly ones from the grandchildren! (Thanks, Penny, for brightening up our Monday morning.)
The next visit to our house this week was from my great neice, little Miss newborn baby Reese and her mother, my neice, Jennifer. At just a week old and now weighing 4 lb 9 oz, she is like holding a real baby doll. All the prayers for this baby and her mommy's pregnancy have been gloriously answered as you can see in this picture!
And having my sister, Barbs, stay at our house at night during this week of Reese's birth has been a big highlight for me. She and I have stayed up til all hours of the night sharing the joys of grandmotherhood along with many other joys we have.

My next highlight of the week was driving to my dear friend, Miriam's new lake house!
Not many things are more peaceful or relaxing to me than sitting at the lake with my oldest childhood friends.
Miriam is a 5th grade teacher in Gadsden and this week was her spring break. We felt honored that she wanted us Potluck girls there to help christen her new lake house. (there are 6 of us originally in our Potluck group from our childhood, all of us going to the First United Methodist Church in Montgomery since birth together)
Nancy and Sarah and I were the first to arrive. That red bag there was a "special" gift to me from Sarah for the evening...........there were 3 depends in there........

Put me on a porch with a swing and my dear friends with whom I have shared so much of my life and I am almost in heaven!

Potlucker Ree arrived later from Monreoville and we were the last to leave the next day enjoying a lunch out at Catherine's Market on Lake Martin. (good food!) Ree has a new grandbaby too and sews....we exited the lake with a little side trip to Strickland's Cloth Barn in Ecletic. and YES, we shared lots of pitures of our grands too :)!


And the last highlight of my week has been reading this book, The Help. It is not a religious book as it might imply but rather a great novel about life in the South with maids in the 1960's. Having been so close to my own family maid, Nez, and growing up in the 60's, I am reliving that part of my life as I read. It is one of those you can not put down til it is finished. So until I reach the last page, I will be on my porch all curled up with this book!


post signature

I don't think I will have this many highlights next week!

No comments: